Zoltav places a strong emphasis on its environmental performance and corporate and social responsibility.
“CSR is embedded in everything we do. We strongly believe in our responsibility to protect and preserve the natural environment we operate in.”
Responsible environmental management is a core component of our approach to CSR. Zoltav is committed to complying with applicable legislation and to identifying risks to the environment. We recognise that oil and gas exploration and production activities can have an impact on the environment. As such we aim, wherever possible, to implement processes to avoid, mitigate or manage any adverse impacts our operations might have.
Zoltav is committed to employing highly competent personnel who share the company’s values and are committed to implementing our high standards of environmental performance in everything they do. We are regularly reviewing and monitoring key environmental performance indicators to measure our success in this area.
Highlights of Zoltav’s approach to the environment
- Environmental risk assessment is conducted at all operational sites and the company monitors for any changes compared with pre-construction baselines
- Waste water handling and re-injection systems are installed at the Western Plant with monitoring wells; and we audit all waste management facilities
- Committed to meeting all applicable rules and regulations on environmental protection by applying the best technologies and practices
- Committed to monitoring programme for rare birds and endangered species in conjunction with local NGOs
Ensuring a future for the Great Bustard
Great bustards are among the heaviest flying birds in the world. They’re often described as magnificent, stately birds on account of the males’ great size, cocked tails and large whiskers. However, it is also a vulnerable species and South West Russia, where Zoltav’s Bortovoy Licence is situated, is one of the few remaining thriving populations of this rare breed.
The Great Bustard are often spotted on the Bortovoy Licence and Zoltav is deeply committed to maintaining the Great Bustard’s natural environment by identifying key areas where they can co-habit easily with our operations.
As part of our environmental scheme, we carry out regular monitoring and studies of the birds wherever they are on the Bortovoy Licence.
Engaging with local communities
By engaging with local communities in the areas around our licences, Zoltav aims to stimulate sustainable development. Co-operation with local communities is key to the success of our operations, and we continually seek to maximise local involvement to provide the potential for economic and social benefits. We are also committed to building and utilising the skills available locally at all levels.
We aim to ensure our activities have a positive lasting impact by:
- Agreeing social investment programmes with regional administrations to help support communities and their futures
- Expanding the local infrastructure, creating jobs, and investing in training
- Conducting public consultation and disclosure for all major construction projects and continuing to disseminate information to local communities
- Enabling archaeological studies on all construction and well sites that are approved by the authorities
Health and Safety
“All of Zoltav’s directors, employees and contractors have a responsibility for maintaining high health and safety standards. We also check that our contractors adopt the same principles.”
Zoltav is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment and to conducting our various businesses in a safe and environmentally protective manner. All employees and officers are expected to perform their duties consistent with the site specific safety and environmental rules and regulations and are expected to obey all local, regional and national laws and regulations. All employees and officers should carry out their duties in all ways that enhance health, safety and environmental compliance. Employees and officers are expected to bring to management’s attention any practices or conditions that are inconsistent with these objectives. To the extent management does not satisfactorily address and resolve a matter, an employee or an officer may confidentially submit information that inappropriate practices are occurring and/or unsafe conditions are being tolerated by following the procedure set out on the Whistleblowing section on this website.
We are committed to the goals of:
- Avoiding harm to all personnel involved in, or affected by, our operations
- Complying with all the applicable legal and other requirements where we operate
- Achieving continual improvement in our HSE performance
We aim to achieve these goals by:
- Ensuring there is strong leadership and clearly defined responsibilities and accountabilities for HSE at all levels of the organisation
- ensuring that the necessary resources are made available for effective HSE management
- implementing an HSE Management System that provides guidance on objectives and performance standards to which Zoltav aspires
- identifying, assessing and managing HSE risks to people, the environment and assets as an integral part of the business
- selecting competent staff, contractors and suppliers to manage and support the business
- investing in HSE training to ensure individuals can perform their work safely and with due regard for the environment
- maintaining procedures which will allow an effective response in the event of any emergency; and
- continually evaluating and seeking to improve our HSE performance through regular reporting, audits, reviews and external benchmarking
Corporate Code of Business Conduct and Ethics
Zoltav has a commitment to conduct its business in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and in accordance with the highest ethical principles. Among our guiding principles are honesty, integrity and quality in all that we do. Our Corporate Code of Business Conduct and Ethics (the “Code”) containing these principles has been provided to our employees, officers and directors in order to assist them in meeting our legal and ethical obligations.
The Code sets forth standards of conduct for all officers, directors and employees of Zoltav and each of its wholly-owned or majority-owned subsidiaries, or joint ventures for which Zoltav has management responsibility, including all full and part-time employees and certain persons that provide services on our behalf, such as agents, representatives and consultants.
If any employee, officer or director is in, or aware of, a situation which may violate or lead to a violation of the Code, then that employee, officer or director should contact his or her manager or follow the procedure set out on the Whistleblowing section on this website.
Anti-Bribery & Corruption Policy
Our policy is to conduct all of our business in an honest and ethical manner. We take a zero-tolerance approach to bribery and corruption and are committed to acting professionally, fairly and with integrity in all our business dealings and relationships wherever we operate and implementing and enforcing effective systems to counter bribery. We will uphold all laws relevant to countering bribery and corruption in all the jurisdictions in which we operate.